Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Goodbye Dumsfeld: We Hardly Liked Ye

Fiiiinally. Rummy, shown here attempting to hypnotize the press corps into making out with each other, is resigning. Hold the applause - there's a fish in a barrel I want to shoot.

Who could forget your steadfast optimism about Iraq:

"Which view of Iraq is more accurate?" The pessimistic view of the so-called elites in our country or the more optimistic view of millions of Iraqis and some 155,000 U.S. troops on the ground?"
(December 2005, washingtonpost.com)


Except maybe you:

""I have never painted a rosy picture. I've been very measured in my words, and you'd have a dickens of a time trying to find instances where I've been excessively optimistic."
(August 2006, guardian.co.uk)

To be fair, the former quote was a dickens of an open-ended question.

Missing him already? Fear not. DumDum will still be around as a honourary member of The Avengers.



Meet AMNESIATOR - able to induce Memory Distrust Syndrome with a single spin. His one weakness: the internet.

3 Comments:

Blogger LE said...

I think you made a typo in the hed. It's Rumsfeld, not Dums... Oh. Oh I see what you did there. Bra-vo.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.P. likes his 'mos. So what? Wanna fight about it?

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhh... No. Actually that was a reference to a very old Bloom County cartoon. Think Steve Dallas as "Frat-Boy". Anyway, I still think PP should stop trying to tie everything into comic book characters.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home