Friday, October 20, 2006


The Quotable Ultimate Warrior

"With the command of my voice I raise the level of the words to one that can't be reproduced."
- The Ultimate Warrior

What?

He had it all - the hair, the make-up and an intensity that, as wrestler Bobby H put it, "made coffee nervous". But apparently no one knew what the hell he was talking about. Not the fans. Not the wrestlers. Not even majority owner and chairman of the WWE, Vince McMahon.

After watching this I can honestly say that I feel more sane.

If you'd like to learn more about The Ultimate Warrior, I reccommend a thorough reading of his Wikipedia entry. You'll learn about:

- The short-lived Ultimate Warrior comic book series, featuring the "Santa Rape Issue".
- His new career as a conservative speaker featuring his Ultimate Quote: "Queering doesn't make the world work."
- The Ultimate Outing of The Warrior by (surprise surprise) The Iron Sheik.

3 Comments:

Blogger LE said...

'Wrestling? Meh,' i thought at first. I was a dman fool. This guy is the craziest crazy I've ever seen in my life, and I live in Montreal. I demand a t-shirt referencing spaceships and/or rocket fuel. And some steroids and/or crystal meth (was thata round then?)

My favourite part of the Wikipedia entry:
The comics sold well in the first two months of their distribution, before sales plummeted and the comic was taken out of circulation in early 1997. The initial success of the comic and its ultimate failure are often attributed to the same things.

As a comic book, fans argued that WARRIOR was a failure: there were virtually no characters other than Warrior, little action, and considerably more text than the average comic (in the first issue, at least one entire page is nothing but text, with a small picture of Warrior in the corner).

10:38 PM  
Blogger LE said...

Let's just say I was laughing so hard it prevented me from typing correctly, hmm?

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know you want it

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home